Load the wood tray with one small handful of wood chips and preheat the smoker to 225°F.
Cook pasta according to package directions. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, and whisk flour into the butter. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and thick. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in cream cheese until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, combine 1 cup Cheddar, 1 cup Gouda cheese, Parmesan cheese, pasta, cream sauce, and optional ingredients. Spoon mixture into an 11 x 9½ inch aluminum roasting pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese and Gouda cheese.
- 2 cups (8 oz) extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (8 oz) Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 oz) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Optional: pulled pork, bacon, brisket, etc.
Place in smoker and cook 1 hour at 225°F, until brown, bubbly and delicious.