Once you're done cooking on your Gravity Series® Grill + Smoker, there are a few steps you'll want to take to ensure the longevity of your grill. Follow these tips for how to maintain your Gravity Series Grill.
Caution: Before cleaning and storing your grill, always make sure your Gravity Series Grill is cool to the touch.
- Power off your Gravity Series Grill using the control panel.
- Insert the heat intake and air intake slides back into place on the charcoal hopper.
- Once grill is completely cool, use a brush to remove built up grease and food from the SMOKE + SEAR grates.
- Clean grill and grates using a mild dish detergent and wipe with a mildly damp rag. DO NOT use oven cleaner or other cleaning agents. Make sure to completely dry before continuing.
- Remove grates and scrape the heat manifold to remove grease and food build-up.
- Clean the temperature probe periodically with mild dish detergent to ensure accurate grill temperature readings. Make sure to dry thoroughly.
- Remove the grease tray and dispose of grease in a non-combustible container. Clean with mild dish detergent and wipe with a damp rag. Make sure to dry thoroughly.
- Remove the bottom grill tray and scrape grease and food build-up into a non-combustible container and dispose.
- Season and spray inside of grill with cooking oil. Follow the steps on the following page for a more in-depth look at seasoning your Gravity Series Grill.
- Once ashes are cold, clean ash tray and inside of bottom hopper after every use to remove ash buildup, residue, and dust.
- Always empty the ash tray after each use once ashes have completely cooled. This will help prolong the life of the ash tray.
- Dispose of cold ashes in aluminum foil pan, soaking with water and discarding in a non-combustible container.
- Cover your grill and store in protected DRY AREA. Store only when fire is out, and surfaces are cold. Store temperature probes inside the home when not in use.
- When grill is not in frequent use, check your grill periodically to avoid possible rust and corrosion due to moisture build-up.
Following these steps will help ensure your Gravity Series Grill is good to cook with for years to come. For cooking inspiration on your Gravity Series Grill, check out our recipes.