Tips on Pairing Your Smart/Mobile Device and Smoker
- Connect/Pair Using the Masterbuilt App Only:
DO NOT use the Bluetooth feature of your mobile device settings to search and connect to the smoker. To pair your device use the Masterbuilt application only. If you have already paired simply unpair/forget device setting in your mobile device and repair using the Masterbuilt application.
- Always use the latest version of the Masterbuilt App and Operating System.
Update to the most recent version of the Masterbuilt Application and/or phone Operating System prior to pairing.
- Confirm Bluetooth is ON by checking the mobile device settings.
Ensure Bluetooth is turned on and ready to connect.
- Ensure Airplane/Power Saving modes are turned off.
Power saving and airplane modes can turn off Bluetooth functionality.
- Make sure your mobile device has a sufficient charge.
A weak battery or low charge may not have the power needed for the Bluetooth signal to reach the smoker.
- Move your device away from potential sources of interference like wireless routers, microwaves, poorly shielded electronic cables, and garage door openers.
- Delete any saved settings on your phone by clearing app cache or reinstalling the app.
- Make sure there are no other devices connected to the smoker:
Only one device can be connected to the smoker at a time.
- Turn your device off for 20-30 seconds then turn on the mobile device again.
- Unplug the smoker for 20-30 seconds then plug it back in.
Once you have followed the steps above try to pair your device to your smoker. If you experience problems pairing your device to the smoker after following the steps above, please contact our customer service department for assistance.