In a large bowl, combine turkey, lime juice, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, black pepper and green chiles, mixing well. Shape into 4 patties, each 3/4 inch thick, and spray both sides lightly with cooking spray. Place patties on a plate with a sheet of heavy-duty foil and chill, covered, in freezer for 1 hour.
- 1 1/4 pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Preheat lightly greased grill to 400°F (medium-high setting).
Remove patties from freezer and grill, with grill lid closed, for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Top with cheese during last minute of grilling. Serve burgers on buns with tomato, avocado, chopped jalapenos, and any other desired toppings from the ingredient list.