Preheat smoker to 250°F.
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine squash and onion, add water to cover and boil until tender. Drain and while still hot, add Velveeta cheese, Alouette cheeses, mayonnaise, parsley flakes, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheeses melt. Add eggs and mix well.
- 2 1/2 pounds yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (3oz) package Velveeta cheese
- 1/4 cup Alouette Garlic and Herb cheese spread or your favorite variety
- 1/2 cup Alouette Sun-Dried and Basil cheese spread or your favorite variety
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce (your favorite variety)
- 1/4 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
Crush crackers and place in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Pour over crackers, mixing well. Add ½ cup to the squash mixture, mixing well. Pour into 8-inch square disposable aluminum foil pan. Sprinkle remaining crackers over squash. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter
Place on lower rack of smoker and smoke for 1 hour. Add one small handful of wood chips to smoker, then remove foil from squash casserole. Smoke casserole for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from smoker and serve.