Preheat smoker to 225°F.
Mix ingredients to create a rub seasoning. Apply dry rub to the ribs and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
Place ribs in smoker and cook for 3 hours. After 3 hours, remove the ribs and wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil (Optional: You can baste with your favorite BBQ sauce at this time).
Return to smoker and cook for an additional 1- 1½ hours, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.