Mix all the dry ingredients for the rub in a bowl.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 3 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sage
Coat all sides of roast with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Rub all sides of roast with rub mixture.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (or a minimum of 4 to 6 hours).
Next morning (or about 4 hours before smoking) grind all dry injection ingredients in coffee grinder to fine. Stir into melted butter and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in water to thin and heat to simmer.
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt, 1 pinch Rosemary
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 stick Salted Butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Sage
Inject into top of roast as many times as possible, and as deep as possible. Butter mixture will harden in cold meat, but some will spread through meat before hardening, and will spread more when cooking.
Refrigerate covered until about 40 minutes before smoking.
Take out, uncover, and let set on indoor counter for about 40 minutes while getting smoker ready.
Set smoker for 235°F. Fill water pan with water.
Smoke until internal temperature reaches 130°F. Increase smoker temperature to 275°F.
When internal temperature reaches 140-145°F remove from smoker and cover with heavy duty foil. Rest for 15-20 minutes. Temp should be a nice medium rare.
Slice cross grain and serve.